Premier Security is a regionally recognized contract security service firm that provides the highest quality customized security programs to world-class commercial, residential and retail properties throughout the Chicago area and suburbs. Premier Security's executive and operational management team is of the highest quality. We offer a very unique blend of veteran security management, law enforcement and military personnel that is not commonly found elsewhere.
Premier Security is a quality-driven company and that quality begins in our hiring process. The individuals we hire not only reflect on Premier and the industry as a whole, but more important, they reflect on our clients.
This position requires a well organized and cooperative individual who learns quickly and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to work a flexible schedule to support the needs of clients, building tenants, and co-workers as well as have a proven track record of being reliable and responsible.
- Interacting with patrons, tenants, vendors and client representatives in a friendly, but professional, manner.
- Providing outstanding customer service to all visitors, tenants, vendors and client representatives.
- Controlling access to our clients employees, tenants and property.
- Performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand at post for extended periods of time.
- Controlling access to the dock and monitoring/managing dock area traffic.
- Ability to patrol the interior and exterior of the facility in all weather conditions.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls from visitors, tenants, vendors and client representatives and follow department procedures to properly handle the situation.
- Ability to maintain and complete shift paperwork as required by company and department policy.
- Ability and willingness to receive cross training on all contracted posts which will assist department and client leadership during an emergency incident.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate (GED accepted) and provide us with an original diploma and/or official transcripts.
- Must have 20 Hour Basic Security Training Certification.
- Must pass a stringent pre-employment background investigation, demonstrating a stable work history.
- Must disclose all criminal convictions and pending charges.
- Must have an alert, responsive personality.
- Must have a clean, professional appearance.
- Must have the ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time and work in all weather conditions.
- Must have an excellent attendance and job performance record.
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have an excellent appearance and attitude.
- Must have a team-oriented attitude.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and be able to hold over to the next shift or work extra hours as needed.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive in finding solutions to security/customer service related issues.
- Must maintain a working telephone number through which we can contact you.
- Commercial building/retail security or customer service experience is preferred.
- Employees assigned to this location must consent to having their background information reviewed by an authorized client representative.