Premier Securityis a regionally recognized contract security service firm that provides the highest quality customized security programs to world-class commercial, residential and retail properties. Premier Security was created in 2004, by the Executive Leadership of Levy Security; which is now known as Apex3 Security.
Premier Security has relationships with over 35 clients and close to 400 employees. Our specialty is the Chicago market, which allows us to provide a close relationship versus global service providers.
General job responsibilities are as follows:
- Interacting with visitors, tenants, vendors and client employees in a friendly, but professional, manner.
- Providing outstanding customer service to all tenants, visitors and client representatives while adhering to company and building policies.
- Ensuring tenants, visitors, messengers and vendors follow access control procedures according to building policy.
- Ability to write clear, concise and thorough reports, including daily activity and incident.
- Ability to use access control computer systems.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in elevators and respond to high rise floors.
- Ability to work exterior posts in inclement weather.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls or situations involving visitors, tenants, vendors and client representatives and follow department procedures to properly handle the situation.
- Ability and willingness to receive cross training on all contracted posts which will assist department and client leadership during an emergency incident.
- This is a floater position and requires the officer to have open availability, must be able to work all shifts and days.
$13.50 per hour
- Must be able to work in Oak Brook, Elk Grove, Westchester, Rolling Meadows and Schaumburg.
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain a working telephone number through which we can contact you.
- Must be available to work 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift and weekends on a rotating schedule.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate (GED accepted) and provide us with your original diploma and/or official transcripts.
- Must have 20 Hour Basic Security Training Certification
- Must pass a stringent pre-employment background investigation, including drug screen, demonstrating a stable work history and/or education.
- Must disclose all criminal convictions and pending charges.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing (subject to periodic audits) if working at a location that requires driving, including for operating a golf cart.
- Must have an excellent appearance and attitude.
- Must be customer service-oriented, organized, responsible and professional.
- Must be willing to "go the extra mile" in welcoming and assisting building tenants, visitors and client representatives.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the willingness and ability to function with limited supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task in a service oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and be able to hold over to the next shift or work extra hours as needed.
- Must be capable of evaluating, investigating and reporting all types of security
- Must wear our professional uniform and maintain our high standards for grooming and
- Must provide a valid PERC (blue card) ONLY if you have received one in the past.
- Previous high rise building security or customer service experience is preferred.